- Notes on enabling maintainer mode
- Note that if you configure with --enable-maintainer-mode, you will need
- special versions of automake, autoconf, libtool and gettext. You will
- find the sources for these in the respective upstream directories:
- The required versions of the tools for this tree are
- autoconf 2.64
- automake 1.11
- libtool 2.2.6
- gettext 0.14.5
- Note - "make distclean" does not work with maintainer mode enabled.
- The Makefiles in the some of the po/ subdirectories depend upon the
- Makefiles in their parent directories, and distclean will delete the
- Makefiles in the parent directories before running the Makefiles in
- the child directories. There is no easy way around this (short of
- changing the automake macros) as these dependencies need to exist in
- order to correctly build the NLS files.