Vhex is a kernel which provide retro ingenierie environment for the fx9860g. The Casio's OS code is not open-source, but we can read the binary for understand his working. There are in particular the syscalls, OS's functions that can be called as a library by the add-ins, which are a gold mine of clues about the functioning of the material.
- Loader ELF
- Scheduler (not prehemptive yet)
- Driver (EEPROM (read), screen, keyboard, timers)
- Virtual File System
- File System Ext2 on RAM
Before compiling for the first time, There are few dependencies:
- A suitable GCC toolchain in the
PATH. You can absolutely not build Vhex with your system compiler!
sh3eb-elfis strongly advised.
- g1a wrapper to generate the Casio header.
- P7 communication utilities.
To compile the project, you just plug the calculator and execute:
% make % make install